Matthew J. Richardson
Matt Richardson is the firm's Director of Litigation and Compliance. With the assistance of the firm's attorneys and staff, Matt manages litigation and compliance risk for the firm and its clients.
Throughout his career, Matt has practiced in the areas of commercial and financial services litigation and currently focuses his practice on defending mortgage servicers in trials and appeals.
Before joining MDK in 2007, Matt was a litigation associate at Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease LLP in Columbus. Before he began practicing, Matt clerked for the Honorable Howell Cobb in the
Eastern District of Texas.
Matt is admitted to practice in the Ohio state and federal courts.
- The Moritz College of Law, The Ohio State University, J.D., 2003
- The Ohio State University, Ph.D., 2001
- The Ohio State University, M.A., 1994
- Stanford University, A.B., 1992
- Ohio State Bar Association
- Columbus Bar Association
- Judicial Foreclosures and Their Discontents, 73 Ohio State Law Journal Furthermore 41 (2012)
- Clarifying and Limiting Fraudulent Joinder, 58 Fla. L. Rev. 119 (2006)
- Aurora Loan Services, LLC v. Sansom Jones , Franklin Cty. No. 12AP-258, 2012-Ohio-5477
- LPP Mtge. Ltd. v. Williams, Franklin Cty. No. 11AP-1151, 2012-Ohio-3656
- Beneficial Ohio, Inc. v. Ocheltree, Richland Cty. No. 12CA25, 2012-Ohio-4842
- Nationstar Mtge., L.L.C. v. Van Cott, Lucas Cty. No. L-12-1002, 2012-Ohio-5807
- OneWest Bank, FSB v. Dorner, 164 Ohio Misc.2d 63,953 N.E.2d 892 (Lucas Cty. C.P. 2011)
- Greenpoint Mtge. Funding, Inc. v. Kutina , Summit Cty. No. 24275, 2011-Ohio-2241