J. Dustin Smith
Dustin Smith is an attorney in the firm's Indianapolis office where he routinely represents mortgage lenders and servicers in all aspects of foreclosure proceedings. While attending law school, Dustin served as both an associate editor of the Valparaiso University Law Review and as a national competition member of the Valparaiso University Moot Court Society. After graduating law school, Dustin gained several years of general civil litigation experience in various areas of the law, including title litigation, before starting his career in the mortgage foreclosure industry.
- Valparaiso University School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2010
- University of Southern Indiana, B.A.S., cum laude, 2006
EDUCATIONAL HONORS AND AWARDS
- Valparaiso University Law Review, Associate Editor
- Valparaiso University Moot Court, National Competition Member
- Legal Writing, Teaching Assistant
- United States District Court, Northern District of Indiana
- United States District Court, Southern District of Indiana
- Indiana State Bar Association
- Indianapolis Bar Association
- Indiana Land Title Association
INVOLVEMENT IN NOTABLE CASES
- JPMorgan Chase Bank, N.A. v. Claybridge Homeowners Association, Inc., 39 N.E. 3d 666 (Ind. 2015). Issue of first impression concerning the validity of a lis pendens based on an unrecorded personal judgment.